Rubber Parts Manufacturing
Girard Rubber Corporation offers a wide range of high-precision rubber parts tailored to your needs. Our engineers work with clients to create custom-manufactured products including:
- Pump impellers
- Shock mounts
Working with talented and courteous staff to develop intuitive molds and product designs, customers across the country see Girard Rubber Corporation as an indispensable part of their supply chain.
Quality Designs and Custom Solutions
Our designers work with clients to develop versatile products to suit their unique needs. We use CAM Pro/ENGINEER software to create detailed product blueprints, and then we custom design all necessary tooling with CAD for optimized accuracy and turnaround.
We use the latest statistical process control methods to ensure our machines operate at maximum efficiency, allowing us to quickly and qualitatively fill your orders. Additionally, our familiarity with the latest Six Sigma management methods ensures that our employees are always abreast of the latest developments concerning your product, with strong interdepartmental communication skills allowing us to translate your requests into reality.
To safeguard our customers’ competitive edge, we keep all tooling and manufacturing processes confidential throughout the manufacturing process, regardless of whether we signed an NDO.
Advanced Mold Design for Higher Quality Components
We create quality, large-volume products by harnessing intuitive machine design on a massive scale.
For example, we produce O-rings by working with customers to design compression molds in accordance with their material, diameter, and thickness requirements. Then, we create an uncured medium from the desired material and pour it into the mold. Through a combination of pressure and time, the material cures, forming desired O-rings for small- and large-volume orders.
Sometimes, clients require us to efficiently create many different O-rings of varying strengths and tolerances at the same time. In these cases, we work with the customers to design transfer molds according to their requirements. We first design a bottom plate with the desired specifications of each O-ring type. After pouring uncured material in the bottom plate, we use a flat top plate to force the material in the mold, creating a number of different products at the same time.
We don’t shy away from taking the time needed to design the perfect mold for your application. Once we have achieved the mold design, our facilities can efficiently turn out any volume of products as your business needs.
Leading the Industry Since 1952
At Girard Rubber Corporation, we’ve lead the way in providing quality custom rubber and plastics solutions for clients across the country. Our experienced engineers and designers have achieved record turnaround times, becoming an indispensable part of supply chains throughout the industry spectrum.
To learn more about our products or how we can design the parts you need, contact us and request a free quote today!
Product Families - Elastomers
- Gaskets – “O” Rings – Seals
- Pump Impellers
- Molded/ Laid-Up Tubes & Hoses
- Shock Mounts
- PTT/ Volume/ Squelch/ Function Buttons and Knobs
- Keypads and similar decorated items
- Silk-screened & hard-coated
- Die-cut Rubber/ Plastic/ Laminate Gaskets, Seals, Pads with and without Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive Backing
Product Families - Plastics
- Injection-molded thermoplastics
- “Hard” Materials: • Celcon, Nylon, Polycarbonate, Delrin, etc.
- “Soft” Materials: TPR’s, Santoprene, TPU’s
- Die-Cut Plastics – All types
- With/ without adhesive backing, release paper, extra lamination, etc.
- With/ without foils, printing, other decoration
- Multiple layers, laminates
We give customers what they need, not what we want to sell. We don’t force our customers to purchase from a list of existing products.
- Because we provide custom parts, we consider customers’ designs confidential whether we sign NDO’s or not.
- All tools are for the exclusive use of the customer for whom they were produced. We never use tooling for others without permission. Part and tooling information is never shared
Long experience with:
- Design for Manufacturability
- CAD/CAM (Pro/ENGINEER) Link to Pro/ENGINEER Website
- Tooling creation using CAD for maximum accuracy and fast turn-around
- Statistical Process Control
- “6 Sigma” Concepts & Applications
Materials Specifications & Support
Materials Specifications & Support Compound recipes are almost never specified in our industry, so we advocate generic material descriptions, i.e, ASTM D2000 / SAE J200 .
These well-known callout systems provide minimum requirements compounds must meet.
We’ll be happy to provide examples!
Years of experience with JIT variations:
- Scheduled production
- “Hubbing” a.k.a. “Payment On Use”
- “Agile Manufacturing”
High Speed Communication
We live in the new high-speed world. We have years of experience with Internet transmission of:
- CAD data • Digital Images of all types
- EDI Pricing information
- EDI for rapidly-changing scheduling information
- Inspection data to speed new-product cycle time
Simple Compression Mold for O Rings
- Uncured material is placed between mold plates
- The mold is closed, material cures
- The cured material is removed, the cycle begins again
Simple Transfer Mold for O-Rings / Simple Transfer Mold for a Disk
- Uncured material is placed in the upper chamber (the “pot”)
- Bottom plates are closed first for best alignment
- The top plate is forced down. Material travels into the cavity
- Cured material is removed, the cycle begins again